INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
Due to the coming into force of the amendment to the “Law on Services of the Information Society” (LSSICE) established by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is mandatory to obtain the express consent of the user of all web pages that use essential cookies before browsing them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels, are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to enable the proper functioning of the site.
Through using these devices, the Web server is able to remember some data concerning the user, such as their preferences for viewing the server’s pages, their name and password, products that interest them most, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY REGULATIONS, AND COOKIES EXEMPT
According to the EU directive, the cookies that require the user’s informed consent are analytical, advertising and affiliation cookies , while technical cookies and those that are necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user are exempt.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
There are five main groups of cookies:
- Analytical Cookies: these collect information on how the website is used.
- Social Cookies: these are required for external social networks.
- Affiliate Cookies: these allow you to track visits from other websites, with which the website establishes affiliate agreements (affiliate companies).
- Advertising and behaviour Cookies: these collect information on the user’s personal preferences and choices (retargeting).
- Technical and functional Cookies: these are strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service.
COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE
- PHPSESSID: technical and strictly necessary cookie that contains the session identifier. It is deleted when you close your browser.
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie that allows you to control unique visits. A cookie will be installed the first time a user logs into the website using a browser. When this user re-enters the website using the same browser, the cookie distinguishes that it is the same user. Only if the user changes browser will they be considered a different user. It expires 2 years after the last update.
- _gat: This cookie is associated with Google Analytics Universal. It is used to limit the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high-traffic sites. It expires after 1 minute.
- _gid: Google Analytics cookie used to identify users from each other.
- __cfduid: CloudFlare cookie used to identify trusted web traffic. It does not match to any Website user ID, and it does not save any recognizable personal information either. Expires in 5 years.
- _hjIncludedInSample: Hotjar cookie used to know if users are included in the sample to generate heat maps from the Web. Expires in 1 year.
REVOKE CONSENT TO INSTALL COOKIES
HOW TO DELETE COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER
1. Click on the menu
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Show Advanced Options.
4. In the ‘Privacy and security’ section, click Content Settings.
– Delete cookies: Click See all cookies and site data…
– Do not allow cookies to be stored.
5. Click Remove all.
6. Close and restart the browser.
For more information about Chrome, click here: http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
Internet Explorer. Version 11
1. Select Tools
2. Click Safety.
3. Click Delete browsing history…
4. Select Cookies.
5. Select Temporary Internet Files.
6. Click Delete.
7. Click OK.
8. Close and restart the browser.
For more information about Internet Explorer, click here: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-419/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Firefox. Version 18
1. Open the menu.
2. Click Options.
3. Select the Privacy & Security tab. Under Cookies and Site Data, click Clear Data…
4. Select Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content.
5. Click Clear.
6. Close and restart the browser.
You can accept or decline cookies individually by clicking Manage Data.
For more information about Mozilla Firefox, click here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
Safari. Version 5.1
1. Click Safari.
2. Select the Privacy & Security tab. Click Preferences and then Privacy
3. Click Remove stored cookies and data.
4. Close and restart the browser.
For more information about Safari, click here: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
The cookie settings control how Opera handles them and therefore if they are accepted or rejected.
For more information about Opera click here: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Refer to the documentation for the browser you have installed